Fun Vacations Part 1
The purpose of this new page (replacing March break deals) is to suggest places to visit (and take suggestions) for a couple or family.
Since we just got back from this hotel/resort I thought I would start with this place.
See our page on “Booking Free Flights” on how to get the flights down to the Tampa area for free, or if you can’t follow airline points, use the $600 Amex credit towards your flights.
Also, for this example you will need the IHG Capital One Mastercard to get free nights.
It is worth it. Card costs you $120 first year but gets you 60,000 IHG points.
This hotel is 25,000 points per night or for the time we went $270 US or $335 CDN.
You and a partner could use your 50,000 of 60,000 points for 4 nights valued at $1340 for 2 annual fees of $240 total. You are up $1100 in hotels! With 10,000 points left each!
This hotel is great for a number of reasons.
1. Family friendly – 2 pools, indoor put-put, arcade, 5 minute walk to beach, it goes on.
2. Couples friendly – 1 pool has a bar which couples seemed to be enjoying. Rum Runners bar seemed pretty popular and everyone was smiling!
3. 5 minute walk to beautiful beaches
4. 5 minute walk to “the action” plenty of bars/restaurants like Crabby Bills, JD’s, Slyce, PJ’s, etc.
5. Has it’s own restaurant and bar. Rum Runners seemed pretty alive and the restaurant, Jimmy Guana’s was huge! Great food as well!
6. Has kitchenettes. So if you are staying awhile and want to cook some meals – there ya go!
Check out their webpage – we loved it!