Hotel Credit card bonuses HOT right now!
Well, I do a page on this anyways but sometimes it is worth repeating.
There are currently 3 Canadian credit cards affiliated with hotel chains right now that are offering the best sign-up bonuses they have ever offered.
My “How Do You Do this” page has all the links.
- Chase Marriott Visa – 50,000 points plus a free night – awesome!
- MBNA Best Western Mastercard – after spend – 60,000 points – very nice
- Amex SPG – after spend – 20,000 points – best bonus of the 3, but it has a $120 annual fee.
The page also explains points valuations because you might wonder how 20,000 SPG points are better than 50,000 Marriott points plus a free night – and some may say the Marriott points are worth more.
From what I have seen and read over the past 6 years…get all three!!!
Better yet, if you travel with a partner/spouse get them to do it too.
Again, as always if you are bad with credit cards and can’t seem to manage your finances, don’t do this.
But what I have been seeing lately over the course of the past few years is people get one, are happy, ask me what the next card is, get another (but in the mean time have paid for hotel rooms) ask me what the next one is, etc.
Those 3 cards will get you conservatively, 8 free nights, but more likely 12-15 free hotel nights.
Yes, applying for 3 cards at once may seem crazy, but 2 good reasons to do so.
- The “pro’s” say if you apply on same day the inquiry doesn’t go onto your credit report immediately, so if you apply for five cards at once then none of those issuers will see the impact immediately There are many Canadian bloggers that say this too, not just this one.
- You’ll have all the points in about a month!
Since I have seen this happen now for a few years I can honestly say these 3 cards will make you very happy. Remember, if you get the Amex SPG REFER YOUR PARTNER for an extra 10,000 points!